Advanced Physics Laboratory
The aim of a lab course in the Advanced Physics Teaching Lab is:
- Learn physics by a proper preparation for the experiments and by doing.
- Learn experimental techniques. All theories have to be proven by experiments and new discoveries mostly come from very advanced measurements.
- Working in experimental research requires techniques at the technical limits and the knowledge can be acquired by training.
- The fight for better experimental results can only be won “in the field”. The subsequent treatment of data on a computer cannot serve as a substitute for good experimental procedures but it should complement those.
- Training with established classical experiments should give the students confidence that physics “works” and enables them later to explore new fields.